Mid-weight to Senior Developer
Level: Mid-weight to Senior
Salary: £40k - £50k
Contract: Full time
Applications Close: May 28, 2021
We are looking for someone that is passionate, humble, and detail-oriented. The kind of person who loves to problem solve and build products that they can be proud of.
What you'll be doing
Working as part of our in-house Design and Development team, you will be collaborating with our SEO, PPC, PR and Content teams to:
- Develop responsive websites (mainly WordPress) in line with SEO best practice guidelines
- Modify clients’ website and/or landing pages based on wireframes and designs to improve UX and CRO
- Optimise page speed
- Pre and Post-launch testing and cross-browser compatibility testing
- Set up hosting, DNS zones and server management
- Maintain and update clients’ and Go Up’s websites
- Manage development team’s timeline, priorities and workflows
- Launch and migration of new and existing websites
- Communicate with clients and attend client meetings
- Take responsibility for all development work and ownership of thorough quality control
What you'll need
- 4+ years of experience in coding commercially
- Experience with React, and specifically with Next.js or Gatsby
- Experience in translating designs (Figma) to working code
- Experience in launching or migrating websites
- Good time management abilities
- The ability to meet deadlines and think strategically
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of using Git and team collaboration
- Experience with helping to mentor and lead junior developers
- A can-do attitude, and happy to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Nice to haves
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with E-commerce (e.g. WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento etc)
- Experience working with APIs, both from the frontend and backend
- Understanding of Core Web Vitals
- Basic to intermediate SEO understanding and skills
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility guidelines
We are proud to be an agency that develops its team through trust and sharing real responsibility from day one.
Go Up is a relatively small agency (about 30 people) doing very big things. Our success rate with clients is high, and we enjoy the luxury of being able to choose who we work with. We wish to remain small, with a philosophy of doing incredible jobs on a smaller number of clients that are fun and rewarding to work for.
Go Up hires the best people, supports those people, and trusts those people.
Benefits & Perks
From healthy snacks in the office through to weekly yoga, group fitness classes, access to life coaches, nutritionists and our very own private garden space, we take care to ensure our team can thrive on all fronts. We even introduced our four day working week back in 2013, well before it became cool.