Contract: Full Time
Applications Close: January 10, 2020
We’re looking for an engaged, self-motivated writer to join our team as a Content Executive. You will be working in a small editorial team playing a key part in the success of our clients’ campaigns. We are looking for applicants to start as early as possible, but we can be flexible with start dates for the right candidate.
As a member of Go Up’s writing team, you will be working on short and long-form content, both for client websites and third-party platforms. You will have the ability to adapt your writing style accordingly, whether you’re producing content for a local news site, a tech blog or as industry-specific thought leadership.
You will work on a range of different clients, from innovative startups to established brands. It is imperative that you have an interest in writing about a breadth of subjects, seeking out interesting and newsworthy angles that will attract readers and online shares.
You will be writing content and copy with SEO in mind. Some knowledge of digital marketing is preferable but you will have the opportunity to learn on the job.
Our Writing Environment
You will be working in a small team, often collaborating on specific pieces, content plans and developing concepts. We run a collaborative writing team that actively encourages peer-reviews; giving and receiving constructive feedback is an intrinsic part of the role.
A variety of writing tasks will be allocated on a weekly basis with strict deadlines and you will be responsible for making sure your pieces are completed on time. You will get to work on a range of content, including but not limited to:
- How-to guides
- Thought leadership articles
- Service pages
- Product descriptions
- News content
We’re looking for a candidate who has juggled a number of writing tasks, worked in a pressured environment with strict deadlines and nailed the brief. Whether you have a qualification in Journalism, English or a related subject, OR relevant work experience, we need to see evidence of your compelling copy.
You must be able to transform the boring into the brilliant, be a master researcher, have the ability to adapt your tone and have a keen eye for weeding out grammar and spelling mistakes. Attention to detail is an absolute must.
Experience of working in a fast paced environment, small business setting or collaborative newsroom will serve you particularly well in what is a unique digital agency.
Why Choose Us?
- We are a close-knit editorial team and from the get-go you will have a central role in choosing news angles, pitching content ideas and shaping the way we work.
- Opportunity for streamlined progression, promotion and extra responsibilities.
- Flexi-time working available.
- A chance to travel to conferences and networking events.
- Free yoga, fitness classes, office snacks and weekly team meal.
- Social drinks on Fridays
Please Apply If You Are...
- An enthusiastic and capable writer,
- with a keen interest in the world of online journalism,
- who has excellent research skills;
- doesn’t shy away from complex topics;
- and can find an interesting, newsworthy angle in anything from dog walking to online banking;
- all the while remaining flexible in your tone
- and juggling tight deadlines with ease;
Please Do Not Apply If You Are...
- Unable to provide evidence of your ability,
- the kind of person who will complain that a subject is boring,
- going to address your application to “Sir/ Madam” or “Who it may concern”;
- send us your CV
- along with a cover letter telling us why you’re right for the role (hint: keep it snappy and creative and please NO TEMPLATES. Yes, we can tell!)
- and at least two relevant examples of your writing (not just from your travel/food/football blog).
Benefits & Perks
From healthy snacks in the office through to weekly yoga, group fitness classes, access to life coaches, nutritionists and our very own private garden space, we take care to ensure our team can thrive on all fronts. We even introduced our four day working week back in 2013, well before it became cool.