Well written content
In today’s digital age, creating exceptional content is crucial for standing out from the crowd. This is even more so when it comes to getting that content ranking well in search. Put simply, Google rewards well written content and tries its best to disregard poorly written content.
- Understand Your Target Audience
The first step in crafting engaging content is understanding your target audience. Take the time to research and analyse their demographics, interests, and pain points. By knowing your readers, you can tailor your content to their specific needs and preferences, ensuring it resonates with them on a deeper level.
- Develop a Compelling Headline
A compelling headline is the gateway to your content. It should be concise, attention-grabbing, and convey the main benefit or value your content provides. Use power words, pose questions, or evoke curiosity to entice users to click and explore further.
- Create a Captivating Introduction
Once you have drawn users in with a powerful headline, your introduction needs to maintain their interest. Begin with a captivating anecdote, a surprising fact, or a thought-provoking statement. This will hook your readers and motivate them to continue reading.
- Offer Unique Insights and Perspectives
To make your content stand out from the rest, provide unique insights and perspectives on the topic at hand. Conduct thorough research, explore different angles, and share your personal experiences or expertise. Aim to provide value that readers won’t find elsewhere, making your content indispensable to them.
- Make It Scannable and Digestible
In our fast-paced digital world, users often skim through content rather than reading it word-for-word. To cater to this behaviour, make your content scannable and easily digestible. Use headings, subheadings, bullet points, and short paragraphs to break up the text. Incorporate relevant images, infographics, or videos to enhance comprehension and engagement.
- Use Storytelling Techniques
Humans are wired to respond to stories. Incorporate storytelling techniques into your content to make it relatable and memorable. Weave narratives, use examples, and share real-life stories to illustrate your points. This approach helps readers connect emotionally and fosters a deeper engagement with your content.
- Incorporate Multimedia Elements
To make your content more engaging, consider incorporating multimedia elements. Visuals such as images, videos, and infographics can enhance the reader’s experience, break up the text, and deliver information in a more engaging way. Choose high-quality and relevant media that aligns with your content’s purpose.
- Include Calls-to-Action (CTAs)
A well-crafted call-to-action encourages user interaction and further engagement. Whether it’s asking readers to leave comments, share your content on social media, or subscribe to your newsletter, CTAs guide users toward taking desired actions. Use compelling language and make CTAs visible to motivate readers to act.
- Encourage User Interaction and Feedback
Lastly, actively encourage user interaction and feedback to create a sense of community around your content. Respond to comments and questions promptly, ask for feedback, and engage in discussions with your audience. This not only builds a loyal readership but also provides valuable insights for future content creation.
- Avoid keyword cannibalisation
Have you written very similar facts or content on other pages of your site? Keyword cannibalisation is a bit no-no in SEO. If so, then don’t write them again in a new page. Instead, go back to the original content and see what you can do to expand on it (without waffling!) and make it more up to date and all round better!
- Consider E-E-A-T (Experience, Expertise, Authority, Trustworthiness)
Consider the following bullet points on how to incorporate Google’s E-E-A-T guidelines when writing SEO-focused content:
– Focus on user experience by ensuring your content is engaging, informative, and relevant.
– Understand your audience’s needs and tailor your content accordingly.
– Incorporate real-life examples, case studies, and personal anecdotes to enhance the user’s experience.
– Establish yourself as an expert in your field by providing accurate, well-researched information.
– Showcase your credentials, qualifications, and industry experience.
– Include author bios and highlight the expertise of your content creators.
– Build credibility by linking to reputable sources and citing reliable references.
– Seek backlinks from authoritative websites in your niche.
– Encourage positive reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers.
– Prioritise transparency and provide complete and reliable information.
– Demonstrate trustworthiness through clear and well-sourced content.
- Maintain a professional and user-friendly website design.
Google have good guides that delver further into their E-E-A-T updates.
- Consider the Google Medic and YMYL updates
If your website sits within the financial services or medical field, you’ll want to pay particular attention to ensuring compliance with the Your Money or Your Life and Medic Updates.